Subject: Re: The Envelope Please...
From: candyman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 20:04:06 -0800

>
>This need for exclusive control can be partially remedied by using null
>objects.  Some time ago I was trying to animate a bouncing cup.  The cup was
>dropped onto a flat plane, where I wanted it to bounce around a bit before
>coming to a stop, and I was trying to get a motion that looked as realistic
>as possible.  However, I soon found out that having only one set of spline
>controls at each keyframe was way too limiting.  What I ended up doing was
>parenting the cup to two additional nulls.  The master null controlled X-Z
>movement *only*.  This was the parent for another null which controlled only
>vertical (Y) movement.  The cup was at the end of the chain, and did nothing
>but rotate.  It was a little difficult at times, but the end result was a
>much more realistic movement.
>
hmm most people miss this but yes the combonation of nulls can be pretty
wick I have a default scen that has the camera null only dolly(no rotate)
and the camera targeted to another null built in flexability from frame 0
				Candyman/Impudent1
			       Mind Candy Animators

	     Those who perceive the as yet unnamed, are Vagabonds..